Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Christel House India Graduation-- See the champions, take the field now, you define us, make us feel proud...

"I entered this school not knowing what tomorrow had in store. Now I’m leaving with my future well planned to reach my goals"*

"Few years back, I was clueless, having no idea what to do in the future. But today, I've got an aim and a determination to achieve it. I have been given knowledge, exposure and the confidence to achieve something significant in life. It has made me competent to face the world"*

Emotions ran high at Christel House as students and parents came together to express their gratitude and appreciation to Christel DeHaan and the staff and faculty of Christel House India for providing the children with an educational experience that was both "memorable and amazing". The occasion was the Graduation Ceremony of Christel House India's first batch of II Pre-University College students. "People say that school is our second home. But that's not true; we spent most of our time in these eight years in this wonderful school. This feels like our home," said Saravana. Similar sentiments were expressed by students who spoke on the occasion and recounted how Christel House had brought so much of meaning into their lives.

Chief Guest on the occasion was Mr. Ganesh Lakshminarayanan, President & Managing Director, Dell India. Recounting his own experience of beginning his education in a small town school in Tirunelveli, Mr. Lakshminarayanan highlighted the important role that education and dedicated teachers played in his life. He said that a good education could help students dream big and commended the commitment and dedication of the faculty of Christel House. Dell India and Mr. Lakshminarayanan are major supporters of Christel House India.

"I am forever grateful to Christel DeHaan and Christel House India for all that they have done for my child," said Gracy, mother of Mary Alisha. "I ask each student here, when you get your first job, to support the educational needs of at least one underprivileged child. That is the least you can do to repay the kindness you have received from Christel House," she added.

Raju Shahani, Executive Director, Christel House India said the day was a very emotional one for him and he was delighted to see how the children had grown and evolved into such wonderful personalities. He encouraged the children to continue their higher studies and assured them of Christel House's continued support. A few of the faculty also spoke of their feelings on the occasion and what it meant for them to see the children now graduating.

The school choir sang a few songs including Mando Diao's Give Me Freedom. The Ceremony ended with a pledge by the graduating students promising to uphold the core values of Christel House which were Respect, Responsibility, Independence and Integrity and to work hard to realize their fullest potential, be good citizens and give back to the community.

One consistent thread that ran through the afternoon's event was the extreme gratitude to Christel DeHaan, whose role in changing the lives of underserved children was captured in a poem written by Kiran Dass, a II Pre-University College student, for the occasion:

Nothing did I ask but she gave me all.
Nothing was I, was so low, she lifted me up.
All the places that in my dream, I visit-
She gave me in this place so exquisite...
I do want to really say a lot -
This opportunity for me, is like a jackpot.

*extracted from speeches read by the students


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,



RSS
Posts
Labels

Archive Donate
Donate

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?