Monday, July 16, 2012

Christel House Mexico Grad interns in Cabo San Lucas



Estefany B. is a Christel House Mexico graduate who is currently studying tourism at the Instituto Politecnico Nacional University in Mexico City. She was invited to do a one month internship at the Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.  Each week, she will update us on her experience.
The experience began on Friday, July 6th. I can't deny that I was so excited and a little nervous.  The idea of living alone for 1 month will be much different than what I am used to at home.

When I arrived, it was WEIRD! The first 2 days, I was bored because I arrived on a Saturday and am staying at a house by myself.  Eduardo, the marketing manager of Hacienda del Mar and the one that gave me this opportunity, is the owner of the house where I'm living. Here I have a pool, so in my free time I relax at the pool. It's so cool. The weather is soooo HOT, but perfect for spending time at the pool.

Also during the weekend I went to meet the people I'll be training with.  Everybody is very kind and polite. They make me feel like home. Most of them are from other states of Mexico: Veracruz, Sinaloa, Colima, etc. They really take care of me :)

On Sunday; they took me to see the resort where I will intern.  It's AMAZING! Beautiful views, pools and everything. It's fantastic! Then I went to Wal-Mart with the marketing assistant, her name is Monse. So now I have something to eat when I am home at night :P   Also Monse lent me some books so the time I am at the house alone is so much better now :)

I started last Monday. I've been with Monse this first week in the marketing and hostess area. Hugo comes to the house to pick me up and take me to the Club every day and at the end of the day, he takes me back home.

The duties I've done are:

 - In the mornings I greet and check in the guests, owners, etc. for the Timeshare Tour in the Hostess area.   In this area it is necessary to speak English because most of them are Americans.
 - I also help make many statistical reports and prepare the gifts for the people who come on the timeshare tours.  These are usually coupons for dinners and different activities at the resort.  I give them to the guest when they check out after the tour.

 - In the afternoons, I help in the Administrative area doing the daily reports of how many
 couples attended the timeshare tour -  basically of statistics for marketing.

I have learned a lot about timeshare. They gave me a lot of information so now I understand a little bit more. Next week I'll be in another area.  I don't know which area yet, but whatever it is, it will be great :)


With love,
Estefany

Labels: , , , ,



Comments:
I remember visiting a colorado ranch property and all the staffs who assisted me there are still quite young just like Estefany. I must say that during my stay in there apart from the beauty the ranch possesses I also appreciate the heart-warming service the staffs are giving. I hope Estefany would also do the same.
 
Post a Comment





<< Home
RSS
Posts
Labels

Archive Donate
Donate

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?