Monday, July 30, 2012

Fun at the Front Desk


Estefany B. is a Christel House Mexico graduate who is currently studying tourism at the Instituto Politecnico Nacional University in Mexico City. She was invited to do a one month internship at the Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.  Each week, she will update us on her experience.

Hello!

This week has been my favorite! I was worked at the Front Desk at the club. First of all, my "teammates" are all men! I feel very special lol. But everybody is so kind and funny. They make me laugh so much. 

The duties I've done are:

  • Check the guests in at the beginning of their stay and check them out when they leave.  It is laborious but not difficult.
  • Answer the phone calls from the guests about problems they have in their suites or things they need.
  • Help the guests with their room keys if they lost them or whatever else. 
  • Room checks.
  • Helping in general.

I like it so much. My first check-in was funny because it was 5 guys that arrived and one of them was like "Hi guys, I don't care about you (referring to the guys who are in front desk with me) I wanna talk with her".  And it was then when the fun began :P

The good thing was that I didn't get nervous and I did a good job!   And also I wasn't alone.  My teammates helped me :)  It was my favorite week in the club.

Sometimes it got complicated because I didn't understand when people asked something in English.  But I tried and I helped them.

Finally, I went to El Arco by boat.  It is the highlight of Cabo San Lucas.  This is a rock formation sculpted by the sea right on the tip of the peninsula of Baja California. El Arco is a very popular tourist attraction. It is beautiful! 

I can't believe there is only a week left!  I'll be very grateful with everybody the rest of my life.

Love,
Estefany



Labels: , , , ,



RSS
Posts
Labels

Archive Donate
Donate

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?