Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Christel House India Trip Reflection



By: Meaghan Burns, Culver Academies India Trip 2013 Participant



Above: Arpitha, Meaghan, and Daniel
The past four days at Christel House has been an experience that has changed my life. I thought I understood the power of a smile and what it meant to the be truly happy, until I met Arpitha and Daniel. Arpitha is a young 7th grader with a striking smile. She doesn't talk much, but when she does it's worth listening to. She speaks with the wisdom of a mother and turns every head with her smile. The impact of that little girl's smile will stay me forever as I will always remember little Arpitha. Daniel is an 8th grader who was blessed with the opportunity to receive a three year scholarship to Culver Summer Camp. Last summer was his first summer in the states. We immediately hit it off talking about all of the beautiful spots on the campus and our mutual friends. Throughout the entire four days I spent with Daniel, I never saw him without a smile on his face. He was always radiating with happiness. I learned from my two new friends that the greatest thing in one's life is pure happiness. This is an experience that I will never forget. I have been so touched by my experience at Christel House that I am hopefully going to come back in 5 years when I graduate from Cal Poly and volunteer as a teacher here to give back to the school whose students have given me so much. I am truly thankful for all the adults who have made who made this trip possible, Ms. Fulton, Papa B, Mr. Watts, and my parents for making this experience a reality! 


Labels: , , , ,



RSS
Posts
Labels

Archive Donate
Donate

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?